Monthly Archives: September 2010

6/6el stack finished for 15m

Now another antenna system is completed at SJ2W. This weekend with help from SM2XLL, SM2XJP, SM3JLA and myself (SM2WMV) we got the 15m yagi up in the air. Its funny now that a 6el yagi for 15m feels like a tiny antenna, while a few years ago it was a monster.

The upcoming weekend I will climb up with the cable for the stack and also the newly built L-match (further down in the post) so we can test it out.

GF Anna took the pictures (except the halo pictures, taken by SM3JLA).

I also did some work this week in the lab at the university. I did build a couple of power meters and calibrated them. I also build the L-match for the 15m stack and I managed to get VSWR of 1.006 so I think its close enough to a perfect match 😉

Power meter module for the openASC project

I have worked a bit lately on the power meter for the openASC project. I did some tests today with the openASC control box hooked up and I think it looks pretty nice. The high VSWR is probably because the power meter sensor is just calibrated on forward power, I need to calibrate the reflected power as well. These sensors send out data of which kind of sensor it is so depending on its power range the scales on the openASC box automatically changes. The openASC box just needs to know what address the pickup corresponding to the box has got and it will show power from that sensor. It is also possible to configure the update rate of the display, how fast we wish to bargraph to change and also the text values, which is also configurable between peak power and average power.

Check the video for a small demo,