Lathe work for the 40m yagi

I did spend some more time in the lathe today. To avoid needing to redesign the 40m Yagi for the new element-boom plates I decided to isolate all elements from the, thus making the mechanical design irrelevant since I don’t know how much the guy struts etc will affect the performance. So I did make some wider ones for the driven element and a bit more narrow ones for the other elements.

Now I need to get hold of some materials until the weekend and I can hopefully build the whole beam except the smaller dimension tubing (< 32mm) since I will need to take them up to work and use the lathe to make them fit properly. But everything else should be built during my soon to come vacation. [nggallery id=151]

Leave a Comment


NOTE - You can use these HTML tags and attributes:
<a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <s> <strike> <strong>