Making the third 20m yagi

I started to put together the third 20m yagi today. After some heavy snow this winter I will also need to replace some parts of the 20m yagi lying out in the field which wasn’t put up before the snow came. I also did some work on the lathe today making some tubes fit better. The 19mm and 12mm tubes doesn’t fit properly into the 22 and 15mm tubes, and instead of grinding the mm away I decided to use the lathe at work instead.

I also had to make distance rings between the 31 and 25mm tubing, which was made out of some piece of 28mm tube I found and milled a few tenth of a mm on both the inside and outside to make it fit. Not the most fun work but it needs to be done.

Comments are closed.