This weekend we didn’t get that much done. I’ve felt tired most of the weekend and but some smaller stuff has been done. I did put some pieces of RG-17 together for the 40m 4-SQ and avoided using connectors since I want to save these to where they are really needed. I modify some regular 1/2″ hardline 7/16″ connectors to fit on the RG-17, which works quite nice but I don’t have that many of them. But I think those seals should hold up pretty well and I doubt any moisture comes into them.
SM2XJP did cut some fire wood for his brother who picked it up with his tractor. Some left that will hopefully be picked up soon. We need to get rid of the timber around the 40m 4-SQ before we put out any radials.
On Sunday we borrowed the L70 tractor from GTL. Its very good because SM2XJP has helped them so instead of having them do the work for us we are allowed to borrow it for a minor fee. We got some 0-18mm gravel used for making concrete foundations to the towers and also to fill around the posts on the 40m 4-SQ. Some of the gravel XJP carried as close he dared to the 40m 4-SQ since the ground is still quite wet.